The Govt. of Uttar Pradesh proposed to redevelop the existing bus station at Alambagh, Lucknow into a modern world class public facility, to match the comforts and grandeur of an airport.
Shalimar Corporation took on the challenge as a BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) project and appointed Bentel as design architects. With a view to enhance the commercial viability of the project, the program was conceived as a mixed-use development including a mall and a hotel in addition to the bus terminus.
The project has been designed in a manner keeping in mind the requirements of
• Bus facility with all ultra-modern amenities including facilities for commuters and Staff.
• Daily footfalls of 30,000 to 35,000, with general average footfalls at any given point of time between 3,500 to 4,000 people.
• Highly organized premium retail center serving daily needs of society thus accommodating fashion, food brands, multiplex and family entertainment units under one shell.
• The Mixed-use development to accommodate a business hotel for the large inflow of business & leisure tourists in addition to a banquet facility.
• Smooth transition between all functions